Friday, October 7, 2016

Not So Spooky Fun With Baker's Twine

It's time for a new challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and this time our theme is a "Not-So-Spooky Halloween".  At the risk of sounding like a broken record (so to speak), I'm sharing two cards today showcasing their amazing Baker's Twine.  I realize that I make a lot of cards with baker's twine, but there's a really good reason for that.  Ribbons, laces, twines and trims give our cards and projects extra texture, dimension, and character.  Not everybody loves super frilly ribbons.  And for that reason, I like to show you (again and again in many different ways) how this one SUPER SIMPLE and SUPER REASONABLY-PRICED trim can make your cards and projects POP.  Really Reasonable Ribbon carries 24 lovely shades of Baker's Twine, and it costs just ten cents per yard.  Yup!  You can get a ten-yard length for only $1, and that's a great bargain.  You could own all 24 colors for just $24, and you'd be set - with every color you could ever need.
My first card was made with some inked October Afternoon patterned papers and embellishments including the patterned papers, rub-ons, journalling card, flag, stickers, and ephemera.   I wrapped a length of Green Apple Baker's Twine around my card several times and tied it into a bow.  Let's be honest....this card just looks better with the Baker's Twine.  It adds SO much to this simple card.
The cute little eyes and rub-ons on the sticker at the bottom left are from October Afternoon, as is the Oct. 31 ephemera at the bottom right.  The banner is from an OA flag set.  I especially love the adorable little OA journalling card (J is for the jack-o-lanterns....) I used as the focal point.
My second card was made from three patterned papers I picked up today at Hobby Lobby.  They were 50% off, so I selected three Halloween prints that went together nicely.  I cut, inked, and pieced them together.  I added a few embellishments including some JilliBean ephemera (words, tag, web), a Spellbinders spiders web cut from black paper (thanks, Gail), a Jolee's Halloween piece, and I placed a Melissa Frances rub-on (Trick or Treat) on the hanging ephemera tag.
The ephemera tag hangs from a bow tied with Black Licorice Baker's Twine.  I also tied Orange Baker's Twine around my card.  I just love how these orange and black twines give my card so my personality.  They look great and really help make my card look put together.  Adding Baker's Twine is such a lovely touch.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Don't forget about the FUN CHALLENGE taking place now on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  We love to see your wonderful creations.

I'm playing along in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Halloween Inspiration"

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Halloween"

Scrapy Land Challenge Blog - Challenge #51 - Anything Goes - I used a Spellbinders spider web die-cut on my second card.

Karen

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! I love the saying on the spider card! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow beautiful makes, I love the vintage feel of the first one and the beautiful papers of the second. Thankyou for joining is over at Crafty Ribbons for our Halloween challenge, hope you come join us again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are fabulous! Love those beautiful vintage images. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card !
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge blog and Good Luck !
    Maryvonne - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great, but my favorite is the Spooky Halloween one with all those spiders! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbe, j'aime ce que tu en as fait, Biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.