Saturday, September 10, 2016

Tiny Trinket Box

If you've never seen one of my decorated paper mache boxes, you've stopped by on a good day.  These little treasures make the sweetest little gifts, and they are SUPER cost-effective.  I decorated this particular box for Really Reasonable Ribbon, and adorned it with lots of fabulous RRR products.  This box is smaller than most of the others I've posted previously.  It's just under 4" wide, about 2.5" top to bottom, and approximately 3 inches tall.  Super petite and really cute, and very inexpensive.  I painted the paper mache box cream using simple acrylic paint and added vintage sheet music to the top and sides using Mod Podge.  I then ran a nice long length of Debra Natural Crochet Lace all the way around the rim of the lid.  Once I'd done that much, it was already looking pretty darn cute.  But, oh.....no!  I couldn't stop until I had added some ribbons, trims, flowers and all kinds of Really Reasonable Ribbon goodies to the top of the trinket box to make it super special.
I made a little cluster of cuteness to embellish my trinket box.  It started with a bow tied from Black Seam Binding, one from Cream Seam Binding, another with Black Burlap String, and finally one with Ivory Burlap String.  On top of those four sweet bows, I added one Black Open End Rose, two Deep Ivory Open End Roses, two Miniature White Sweetheart Blossoms and a Green Mulberry Paper Leave.  The finishing touch is a tiny black safety pin that holds a PTI Tiny Tag that's stamped with a PTI sentiment which says, "memories".  I also inked the edges of the Tiny Tag with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke.
When our middle daughter, Lily, got married and moved away; she had left behind some fairly good quality kids' jewelry in her room, and I decided to pass it down my precious niece, Alexa.  There are couple of child's size real gold rings that I know she will love, and a gold necklace.  Of course, my daughter remembers the exact occasion when she received each ring, so they have sentimental value and she wants Alexa to appreciate her connection to them (so that she will take good care of them).  So.....I thought this sweet little trinket box would be the perfect little place for her to store her special new jewelry.  Alexa has toy rings, but has never had what she calls "real rings"; so I know these will be very special to Alexa - especially knowing that they are from her older cousin who she looks up to and loves so much.  It's fun creating things that will be cherished and that will hold special trinkets for someone I love so much.
Really Reasonable Ribbon has so many great ribbons, trims, laces, twines, mulberry flowers, and SO much more that will help YOU to take something very simple and make it into something beautiful (like I was able to do with this simple little paper mache box that cost well under one dollar).  I really mean it when I tell you that Really Reasonable Ribbon has the best embellishments to make your projects beautiful!

And don't forget about the FUN CHALLENGE taking place now on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  We would love to have you  play along.  Have a great week, and happy crafting (with ribbons, of course).

Thanks for visiting me today!
Karen


P.S.  I'm linking my trinket box in these fun challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - STAMPTEMBER Simon Says "Stamp It" - I stamped my hanging sentiment tag

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - STAMPTEMBER Simon Says "Stamp It" - I stamped my hanging sentiment tag



5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Karen, and a great size for so many uses! Love the music theme! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen! What a little masterpiece you've created here! I adore the way you made such a simple color palette sing (no music pun intended)! And one of my favorite parts is that tag with the sweet little heart cut-out! The lace is just gorgeous, too, and I adore the sophisticated air of this treasure box! I always enjoy seeing your work and am so glad you share your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Karen this is not only beautiful, and the fact it is for your darling niece and the story that goes with the jewelry that will be in it makes it ever so precious!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.